Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Glad to be in the USA

Aren't you glad to be in America these days?!

I'm pleased that Barack Obama was voted in. Who knows whether 'change' will happen or not. We can always hope (whilst remembering that he's a politician, after all).

And yesterday was Veteran's Day. We don't have that holiday in the UK. We have Remembrance Sunday, the 2nd Sunday of November. Otherwise known as Poppy Day.

To segue nicely into knitting, here's a photo of the afghan I hurriedly made up for a Joann's class I'm hoping to teach this month and next. Doesn't it look great in our leather chair with the Old Glory pillow? They call it a holiday afghan and the pattern calls for four balls of Lion Brand Homespun. I already had a couple of balls of red, so bought another couple in green, to make it VERY holiday-like.The class is called Knitting 303, but the pattern is SO freaking easy and only a few lines long. Don't know how Joann's came up with that. But I do know that this yarn was amazingly soft and the afghan itself is unbelievably cosy. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm thinking another one for home might be nice. It took only about 4 days to make, so was quick too.
Now, do you remember how our 'office'/spare room looked earlier this year? Thought not. Here's a quick pic to remind you. Gross, or what! Well, one advantage of having your house on the market is that you have to clean it out.

We spent a good bit of time on this room alone, and this is how it looks now. Ta-da.........


A little more respectable.

Of course, we've still got a tiny bit left to sort through.......

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So glad you posted "house-sale in progress" photos!! The spare room looks AWESOME!! That must feel great :)

And yay!!! for finishing that afghan in 4 days! It looks great :)

cpurl17 said...

Maybe if I sold my house it would motivate me to organize my office...

The Holiday afghan looks VERY cozy!

Jo said...

Want to come and do my living room next?

Bezzie said...

I love the cozy watermelon afghan!!

Shoot, I wish I had a spare room...although I think it would probably look like your "before" shots! Way to spruce!