Monday, January 17, 2011

Instant Patification

Look what I knocked up in less than 24 hours.......Wow, I really am freckly and gap-toothed! Oy!
That's better. Get the glass head out.
The pattern is called "Patricia" and its by the wonderful knitting Goddess, Debbi Stone, alias Cockeyed of Blue Moon Fiber Arts fame.
OK, there are many things I love about this project. It's publication, just at the time I was looking for a gift to make for my friend Hubbs' upcoming ski trip. Super easy, bulky cables. Quick. Stashbuster.
I was thrilled to find that the gauge would work with my beloved Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran - the stash runneth over and it has marinated so long. And......
...if Hubbs gets a chilly head, she can wear it as a huge headband.
Thanks to Debbi for sharing this pattern for free on Ravelry. It was a pleasure to make :0)

3 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh I like that! That's a neat looking cowl (and hat in a pinch)

Kaye said...

I love it as a hat. Not so sure about a cowl, looks too tight for my liking. Then again with yarn that soft looking...

Zonda said...

It's beautiful and definately a great stashbuster...need to make one.