Monday, September 2, 2013

Two Weeks To Race Day

Yesterday was two weeks til race day.  It was a "long-run" training day and I got 13.75 miles under my belt.  I ran a solid nine miles, including some challenging hills, then walked/ran the remainder.  I've been reading comments on the web from runners who've completed the course previously.  They all say if you can run 8 miles, the crowds get you through to the end.  Having witnessed the Great North Run from its start in 1981, and the thousands upon thousands who turn out to cheer the runners on, I can believe it.  

Here's how the blanket is coming on.  Each of these hexis is a different colour, or combo of colours of Socks That Rock.  Most of them are piled 3 hexis high, so all those spaces should be filled in once they're laid out for finishing.  And of course, I'm still knitting more.  Whoever wins this will have the choice of how it's finished.  If they like this rainbow effect then I can finish it so, if they like a more random look, then they can have that.  If you want to incorporate them into your own BeeKeeper's Quilt, then I'll send them as is.  The choice will be yours, oh winning sponsor :0)


I have been pretty overwhelmed this weekend by all the love shown for my run and this project.  These long runs are especially exhausting and I am quite emotional afterwards.  There were a few tears yesterday as every time I looked at my email there was another sponsor or message of support.

Thank you to everyone who has donated to my charities and a huge thank you to Irishgirlieknits for her amazing promotion this past weekend.  I could not ask for a more perfect knitting bestie.  Mwah xo

Watch this space for more updates, and here are my charity pages again for anyone wanting to donate.  Remember, each five dollars or pounds donated gets an entry into the drawing to win this BeeKeeper's Quilt.

NSPCC in the UK

Love to y'all
Disco xoxo

1 comment:

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

So excited for you and I cant imagine being this close to such a big race and not being emotional! I have such an immense emotional connection to your journey and I don't even know you personally ... not far now! xx