Saturday, June 23, 2007

Monkeys

Here are my completed Monkey Socks. Pattern from Knitty.com. Yarn is Socks That Rock, colour 'Watermelon Tourmaline'. Thanks to Carrie for sending me the yarn - it was very nice to knit with and makes these socks really cosy. I will definitely be checking out some more of that in the future. I enjoyed making these a lot and may consider making more.

I really like how the colours pooled in a sort of spiral around the socks.

This first picture is of Hubbs and I modelling the socks and showing off our tattoos. She has the stars, I have the flowers.


I love my tattoo. Sometime, I'd like another. Maybe my boy's initials. But where?


Never the shrinking violet, Matt wanted in on the sock wearing and camera action. Here he is in Hubbs' back garden. She has the most wonderful lawn, manicured lovingly each week by her husband, the great JT. He mows it once, then again the following day, with what I can only describe as an antique! Looks great, doesn't it.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, nice socks! I love the color. I agree about the pooling. It looks great.
I got your postcard today! Thanks so much. I can't wait to go to London...whenever that may be. :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love the socks!!! Great job!! I love the way you and Hubbs took the picture with your tatoos ....how fun to get to spend time with your best friend!!

Okay, but truly, Matt steals the photo shoot with that picture! What a cutie!!!

Great job!!

Batty said...

They're wonderful! I love the color, even the pooling is fantastic.

Zonda said...

Nice socks! Lovely colors! Matt is a cutie!

Linda said...

Really lovely socks! I love tatoos too but I think I am getting a bit old to have any more!

Wool Girl said...

Seriously LOVE that colorway! Great socks!