Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A picture of yours truly.....

Here's the earliest picture of me that I have:


And a close up:

That's me, my two brothers and my two cousins on my mom's side. I also wonder why I was making such a stupid face. It was a compulsion on my part - there are other pictures of me doing that sort of thing.

I love this picture for a couple of reasons. The first is that I don't have many pictures at all of us as children and the second is that it brings back happy childhood memories (oh yes people, there were a few in there).

The picture was taken at my Aunty Pam's house, but for ever after that, sat in my Nan & Taid's living room (the room we never used). They lived in North Wales and we would visit them a couple of times a year. They were such fun times when we would get to see our grandparents, Aunts and cousins. I loved visiting them, their house always felt so safe and warm. So I associate this picture with their house.

When they moved to a smaller house a few years ago, they gave me that picture. It's still in its original frame and I will never change it. Every time I look at it I feel like I'm with them. I wish I could see them more often. They are now in their mid-80s.

Oh, and this picture is pre-birthmark removal too. People still ask me if I have scratched my face. I guess facial surgery wasn't what it is now back in the mid-70s :-)

Also, check out the 70s curtains in the background. Groovy baby :-)

6 comments:

Georgiann said...

Don't you wonder what you were thinking in the moment that picture was taken? It is truly a precious photo.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Look how cute little Disco is. Love it!! Love that it brings back happy memories too.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! I like the funny-face!

Jo said...

I love the expression on your face~

Beverly said...

I used to make a face in family photos too. No reason that I can remember--just because.

Anonymous said...

There isn't a photo of your Aunty Pam when she was little, with a straight face. She always pulled a funny....
Love your blogsite.
Mum