Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pleased to meet you....

oooof, has it really been a month? So, what have I been up to?

Not much knitting, and just a bit of sewing.......


I made some pillows with the fabrics I bought at Purl Soho when I was in NYC a couple of months ago. Here's a closeup.....


Guess which is the Amy Butler fabric.....

See the Log Cabin Blanket in progress on the back of the sofa. It's still in progress. As is the Clapotis. And I have cast on a Jaywalker.

We had an awesome book club meeting at my house last night. We read A Thousand Splendid Suns. What an AWESOME book. We all LOVED it. It's one of the best books I've ever read. I made curry - big thanks to my mate Jamie Oliver for the recipe :-)

I also have been sewing for my etsy shop - go check out my adorable "Dolly diaper bags". Everything a little girl needs for changing her baby doll. I have more fabrics cut out and ready to be stitched together. Just need the time.

OK, blogging mojo back in gear. More pics soon :-)

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

And she's back...with a bang too!! LOVE those pillows (that's right, I shouted..hehehe). Seriously, those are fabulous! Great job! The blanket is looking fabulous too!

Now, about those jaywalkers. Since we are doing a mini-kal, my first one came out a bit big and has eaten up A LOT of my yarn. Beware. Not sure to follow my advice of bigger needle and larger size (but lots of other people had done this?!). I'm knitting the second and once I turn the heel I'm switching to the smaller needle because the foot is really where my sock is way too big. I do have mystic kelp in mediumweight so if I really run out of yarn it won't be horrible. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, and what's our next book!?

mmm so glad you are back!

Criosa said...

have to agree - love the pillows!
(have you ever sewn pillows from those satin brocades? that's on my 'to do' list, but I'm not sure how to work with the fabric.)