Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring is in the air......

Spring really IS in the air. It's rainy here the last few days. Our pot-garden is looking like a jungle - pics of that later this week. I LOVE the rain. It's so refreshing and reminds me of home :-)

I had a wonderful, HUGE box in the mail today. From my knittyboard secret pal, GirlontheFly. She had been a very inquisitive ms mystery until I received the package. Now I know why. It was packed with so many things that I absolutely loved. First up, some delish fruit tea, a pretty green tea-tray (our whole household does not contain a tray. How did she know?) and a delightful little teabag dish. I have always wanted a teabag dish. I'm always carrying my teabags from cup to trashcan and dripping on the floor.Next, some scrummy lotions and potions from England. Yum-o. And gorgeous silver and crystal ear-rings, crafted by her own fair hands. Beautiful. And I mostly wear silver jewellery, as my wedding and engagement rings match.
Next, the yarny goodness. And oh, how good. And how Florida friendly. Some perfect green vintage yarn, pretty red yarn and gorgeous blue yarn. The blue yarn, also crafted by my SP's own hands. She's a spinner too. There's enough there to make a lacy summer top - that's all I want to make right now. I'm wearing my Linea to death and LOVE it.

A closer view of the blue.......

Last, but by no means least, some knitpicks circs. The beautiful multicoloured wooden type of circs. Faint.......
Along with the prettiest bookmarks. Also, I needed bookmarks. My pal is a genius mindreader.
So, GirlontheFly, you have been an awesome, attentive pal and I am so grateful for this wonderful package. My DH is off to LasVegas tomorrow and now I don't even care that I'll be on my own with the boys for 4 whole days (gulp!).
THANK YOU :-) :-) :-)
On more of a Wednesday subject. Here's my latest lacy summer top. It's the Lotus Blossom Tank from Interweave Knits, a couple of summers ago. I bought the yarn at Stitches West - thanks Irishgirlie for supervising me. The lace is really pretty and not too complicated, although it IS lace every single round. I pray I picked the right sizing. I'm a 36 bust but chose the 34 size over the 39 size. I thought 39 would look too big and floppy. Time will tel.......







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry! I'm so glad that you like the package. Hopefully I picked the right size circulars for you. I wanted to make sure that there was plenty of extra special stuff for you. So, I just had to get the Knitpicks Harmony needles for you. You'll have to keep me updated on what you knit with the handspun!

~Your pal, Vicki ~

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow!! She did a fabulous job!! Those all look perfect for you! Especially the handspun :)

Wow, the Lotus Blossom is looking gorgeous in that color! Great job!

Yay, Tommy is off to guys-Stitches...Vegas!! Hope the weekend goes well!

cpurl17 said...

The Lotus Blossom is coming along so well!

And your secret pal--WOW!

Bezzie said...

Great spoilage!

And nice LBT! I tried that one a few years ago and um, yeah, failed miserably!