Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I don't usually do this,

But I really want to set some goals for myself for 2009.

  1. Lose 40 lbs. Seriously, since I had Matthew 3 1/2 years ago, I've put on a lot of weight which I really am fed up with carrying round. I'll break this down into a pretty achievable 1lb per week. I just stood on the scale and am weighing in at 173lbs.

  2. Get my lazy ass to the gym for a one-hour session at least once every week. I remember the days of 5 times a week, but I do want these goals to be realistic.

  3. Drink less than 14 units of alcohol per week. That's the 'safe' number (apparently). This might be my toughest challenge, but I really need to address how much I drink.

  4. Have this house sold and be living in the cold by next fall.

  5. Knit everyone in my family matching hat, scarf and mittens for no.4 :0) I don't mean we'll all match each other, just that each person's set will be matched ;0)

  6. Switch off my computer when I'm not using it. Or at least every night.

  7. Get a proper job, after achieving no.4

  8. Knit 12 Hats for alex- a very achievable 1 per month.

  9. Read 20 books. That's my 12 bookclub books, plus a few. I sometimes don't like the bookclub selections and miss making my own choices. I really need to make more time to read.

  10. Procrastinate less. This clearly also needs a lot of work - I started this post yesterday and it's taken me til late afternoon to put it up on the blog!

Happy New Year :0)

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love your list Disco!!! I'm going to do one soon! I really have been thinking about goals to focus on for me! The weight loss and gym goals I will cheer for you on if you keep cheering for me!!

And the 20 books...I signed up for the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge NOT because there is any way possible for me to accomplish that, but just because I want to step up my reading this year! 20 books would be an attainable goal (if I'm getting my butt on the treadmill too).

And I can't wait for you to live in the cold!!! Crossing my fingers for you!!

Happy New Year!!! And its almost someone's birthday............

Jo said...

I'm with you on #1. I went back to Weight Watchers on 12/31 - got a jumpstart on the crowds.

I really want something salty crunchy right now but I am trying not to think about it...

Bezzie said...

"...be living in the cold by next fall."

A woman after my own heart!!! Ha ha!