Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby girl surprise

Our house didn't close yesterday. The buyers loan still wasn't ready! Not happy, and that's all I want to say about that.

Onto happier things. Like knitting.

Here's a Baby Surprise Jacket, made with Bernat Organic Cotton, from the stash. Finished this morning, just in time for the baby shower. I love it when people find out what kind of baby they're having. Then you can knit in the 'appropriate' colour :0) I wrapped it up with some other girly goodies in a dolly's basket. I figured that might come in more useful than the usual gift bag.
Here's mom, opening a LOT of baby gifts. The friends hosting the shower did an awesome job decorating the party room. Cute, huh!

Baby showers are something about America I really enjoy :0)
Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow. Even if you aren't a mom, you have a mom :0)

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Adeline? What a cute name for a baby! The BSJ is adorable. I hope she loved it!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, Sweet Adeline!

Very cute BSJ! I do enjoy a good challenging unknown gender baby knit though myself.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Bummer on the house Disco! Saying my prayers that it is soon!

Love the BSJ and how you gifted it in the basket! So cute!

Jo said...

You don't have baby showers in England? It's a lovely sweater - I have tried knitting it a few times and always fail miserably. Hope the house situation works itself out ASAP.

Beverly said...

I just made one of those sweaters for a baby shower too! Had to go with green because the mom doesn't know what she's having. Your pink one is so cute!