Sunday, May 31, 2009

Aye, aye, shipmates ;0)

I knit a wee something for the "Coat for a Boat" art project, in my home town. A telescope. Here's Matt, modelling the finished article.....I love his little sly peek to see if I'm still photographing him. This was knit in Lion Brand Glitterspun. The insert to keep it tube-like is a paper towel cardboard innerd. Cut down the middle and rolled on an angle.

The boys were fascinated while I was making this. I have another ball and a half, so, if I can find the scrap of paper I noted my stitch count on, I may make them some of their own.

:0)

p.s. note the wet ground. In the summer, it really rains here in Florida. Rains hard.

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

So cool! I'll bet that would make a great baseball bat too....that's how the cardboard tubes end up in our house...hee hee.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG! HOw cool is that! You definitely need to make another one!

Anushka said...

That is brilliant!
I am so fond of the use of knitting to reconstruct what would normally be made out of hard materials.
Well done :D

cupcakefaerie said...

Very cool! Send some rain my way, please.

tapmouse said...

WOW Disco! Alot going on for you these past months! The telescope is too cool! Glad you found a place that works for you guys-the pub sounds like a real plus!

cpurl17 said...

The telescope is so cool--it must have been hard to pry it out of their hands!