Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Knitters prefer yarn bombs

Yesterday was a sad day. My Taid (that's Welsh for Grandad) passed away in the morning. He was 92, a very gentle and peaceful man. I don't think I ever saw him have an angry word for anyone. He was funny too, in a quiet way. I'm happy that we had one last chance to be with him on our trip home last summer. We shall miss him dearly :0(

And then the afternoon's events in Boston. A child among those killed. What a waste.

So, let's brighten this morning up with some colourful knitting. And crochet.

A few weeks ago I saw a shout out asking for swatch donations for the San Jose yarn-bombers. When I was home in SC on spring break, I got some acrylics out of their box and made these swatches. I had wanted to try Attic 24's granny stripe and chevron stripe blanket stitches for a while, so I took my opportunity here. Both are very easy to memorize and to do. I see chevrons in my future for sure.

The equality sign is from Kaye Gardiner's (Mason-Dixon Knitting) tweet pattern.

So, off to the post office today.

Disco xoxo

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandad's passing! Our thoughts are with you and your family! Hugs.