Friday, September 28, 2007

Blogstalking / Catchup

OK, I have been distracted from my blog by my family, work and actual crafting this past week or two. So, here's a little combi-post.

This week's blogstalking topic is how we get from A to B. Well, there's not a lot of public transport in this neck of the woods. And even if there was, there's no way I'm standing around in the heat, waiting for it to arrive (and have 6 of them arrive at once!!!). Soooo, I drive a car. Everywhere. This morning I drove to a friend's house in the next development to me. There isn't a sidewalk between our neighbourhoods, and they're on the same side of the road! No way I'm walking (and as already mentioned, it's HOT).

And don't forget, I'm a mommy. So I have a 'van'. I would've been happy with a mini, I'm sure the boys would've loved that too. But my DH is American. And paranoid about the terrible drivers in this part of the world. So I have a lovely silver Chrysler Pacifica. I have to admit, I like the size, now that I have it. It wouldn't be a vastly interesting picture, so here's something inside 'the van' that IS pretty cool.

A customised Bezzie Ball......

One day soon, I'll get back on a PC and be able to post links again. In the meantime go to www.rkbezzie.blogspot.com where she has a link to her etsy shop. Everyone go buy one, they are cute and awesome.

Last week's blogstalking was all about the purse guts. Here are my two current purses - a Namaste messenger, for when I know I can do a bit of knitting whilst out, and an everyday straw bag, which suits the hot weather down here in Florida's permasummer.


The insides of the messenger bag, including a current WIP - the mason dixon log cabin blanket for my sofa.


And the insides of the straw bag........

.....which until an hour or so ago, held this WIP, now an FO.......
.....embossed leaves socks, fresh off the needles and onto the only sock blockers I own (yes, they ARE my feet)


And a close up of the stitch pattern....


LOVE this pattern. Love the yarn (Koigu PPPM). Love the colours. I see more embossed leaves in my future for sure.

What a post - 2 weeks of blogstalking, a WIP and an FO. If there were some pron, it would be complete. Next time.....

I wanted to say a huge thanks for all of the positive comments I had on my last post. They made me feel like a good mommy and gave me a real lift. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, my dear! Nicely done.
:) Your socks are AWESOME!!

Bezzie said...

Woah, those socks are hypnotic! I dig! And Wow! Check out all the stuff you can fit in that bag!

Glad you like your ball ;-)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay!! Now we have our matching Embossed Leaves!! Yours look fabulous!

Love that the yarn ball says discoknits! How perfect is that?! Okay, I must do my blogstalking this weekend....I haven't even done week one!

Zonda said...

Nice looking Embossed leaves!! Hehe you do fit a lot in that bag! I love my Namaste bag as well, but love your color better! Hehe, I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots more of Bezzie's Balls around!

kemtee said...

Beautiful socks. And way to go on the Mopar!

Jessica said...

Nice socks! My next post is going to be like yours with multiple blogstalking items. :) I like your straw bag!

Jo028 said...

Your socks are brilliant, I'm adding those to the list :)

Linda said...

Your socks are gorgeous. thank you for commenting :)