Friday, January 4, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's really chilly here in Florida. This is the third day. And here's the proof...

"What's that huuuuuuuuuge scarf thing around your neck, disco?", I hear you say.
Why, it's my brand new Clapotis, thanks for asking. Completed only the day before the 'big freeze'. I absolutely love it to death and wish I lived further North, so I could wear it more. I'm as warm as toast with just that and a thin long-sleeve t-shirt on.
Here's a close-up shot....

By rights it should be blocked. It will be, as soon as it warms up here - so tomorrow I expect.

Pattern: Clapotis - Knitty.com
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino worsted in Rich Chocolate.
Started: July 29 2007
Finished: Jan 1 2008

I have almost 4 hanks of this yarn leftover so I'm thinking a hat and gloves to go with the Clapotis would be excellent. But which patterns? Off to Ravelry.......

:-)

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, the people from my office vacationing there got jacked!!

LOVE that clap! Mmm...malabrigo and malabrigo named after chocolate? Does it get any better?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is absolutely gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I need to finish mine :) Great job!!

4 hanks! Look at the short-sleeved Wicked sweater by Zephyr patterns...it would be sooooo cute in that!

Back to the clapotis, would have been cozy to have today...there's TONS of snow here in Tahoe!! Perfect to snuggle inside by the fire...just don't think we will be getting home tomorrow...oh well!

Jo said...

I love the fact that you are wearing the clapotis and there are palm trees behind you! The colour is oh-so-pretty!