Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cable & Bobble?

Cables? Yes. Bobbles? Er, no.

During my recent trip to the UK, I got to spend some Quality Time with my Mam. She was impressed with something I was knitting from the Interweave Knits 2006 magazine (watch out for that FO in a future blogpost) when she saw the Cable & Bobble Headband Pattern.

But really? Bobbles? On a lady of a certain age? We decided the plain old cable would do just nicely thank you very much.

Then another dilemma, not so easily solved. No needles. And no yarn.

The yarn was easily solved. The remnants of my now finished project - Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Rich Chocolate. But the needles? Hmm, trickier. But the Gods were smiling on us, that windy day in Llandudno. We drove right past a little sewing shop. I thought, you know, maybe, just maybe, they might carry knitting needles too. And what do you know? They not only carried needles, but yarn too!!!

So here she is, my lovely mother, modelling her Cable Headband.
:-)


3 comments:

Jo said...

Nice headband! I'm with you on the bobbles - why would I want to have extra nipples all over my body?

Bezzie said...

It's beautiful! Ha ha! I think of bobbles as nips too and just can't bring myself to seriously knit them!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love it!! Its beautiful and Mom look's like she loves it too! Hi Disco's mom!!!