Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Knit-A-Bear

Well, not quite knit the whole bear. Go to the store and 'build' some. Then knit some sweaters to keep them warm.

Meet our monkey - his name is New York Banana. Guess where he was 'built'. The cat has no name - we can't remember it anyway. This is the sweater pattern. I made the darker pink sweater using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Around one ball for the whole thing and no modifications needed. The lighter pink is made with Cashmerino Astrakhan. I increased the no. of rounds for the body and sleeves from 14 to 22 as this yarn gave me a smaller gauge (not that I swatched, I could just see as I knit it up that it needed more rows).

I just noticed that there is a 'stranded' version of this sweater, if you'd like a bit more colour and pattern.

I'm not subjecting my boys to playing with pink sweaters for their dolls. These are for our friend Jen's daughter, whose birthday is next week. I'm sure I can find some blue or green yarn to use for my little guys :-)

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love it!! What a cute idea for a gift too :)