Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scarves.....

Scarf no. 1 The mesh scarf. Done and dusted. It turned out great. Very drapy and soft. I added loooooong fringe.
A close-up of the stitches. Well spotted Bezzie, it's a very simple yo, k2tog pattern. Alternate with k2tog, yo every other row.

Scarf no.2 the chevron scarf to be. I've been itching to make one of these since I saw Irishgirlie's at Stitches West. She gifted me this gorgeous pink millend a while ago and I fell in love with the Rainforest Jasper when I was drooling over the BMFA website recently. I love how they are highly contrasting, yet they both share hues of brown. Honestly, they do. The pink kind of turns ginger round the back of this skein. Just gorgeous.

And so, to cast on........

Oh, please indulge me in a proud mommy moment. On Sunday Matt 'went to the toilet' on the toilet and announced he wasn't a baby anymore and "don't wear nappies, mommy, only underpants". Two days later and he's still in the underpants - go Matt :0)

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous scarf!! And I can't wait to see those colors together for a chevron scarf...so pretty!!

Yay Matt!! Just think...no more nappies is like instant yarn money...hehehehe!! (or saving for stitches/sock camp, you know what I mean!)

Bezzie said...

Beautiful scarf! I love that mesh because you really don't have to block it. It comes out nice straight off the needles.

Hooray for no more diapers! What a smart kid--just up and decides he doesn't need diapers one day and sticks to it!

Jo said...

Yay Matt!