Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bellingrath

It's all about the Irishgirlie these days. Or so it would seem :0) I knit up her Bellingrath shawl(ette) in a pretty beige/grey Sock-a-licious, called Chateau.First of all, the yarn. It has a little silk in it. Oh boy, does it feel smooth through your fingers as you're knitting it. I liked that very much.
The colours were muted. I wanted that, so I could wear this piece with as many things as possible. I've been wearing it over this white t-shirty/tunic and that little bit of extra warmth was very welcome on a couple of cooler days recently. I'll be wearing a lot more in the months to come (thank goodness the cooler weather is starting to be upon us!).
Now, the pattern. What I like about this one, is that the pattern is in a panel down the middle and there is a pretty large chunk of stockinette either side, to give your brain a wee rest. The lace is, once again, wavy and lacy (to my eye anyway). I don't know what your inspiration is for the waves and the lace lately Carrie, but I'm digging it.
I had read on Ravelry, that a couple of people had stopped the edge pattern at 5 repeats instead of the called for 6. I got pretty worried about it, but on Carrie's advice, weighed my yarn to make sure I had enough. There was actually plenty leftover, as you can see in this photo.

If you're looking for a small, one-skein project for maybe Christmas gifts, I would recommend this one for sure :0)

Happy Monday :0)

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I just love it on you Disco!! You look great in it! So glad the yardage worked out!