Friday, October 1, 2010

Testing, testing, 1,2,3

I'm test-knitting Carrie's new pattern, a lacy scarf, knit with Kollage's new yarn Creamy.My photo's are a pretty poor representation of the colour. It is called Turquoise Sea, and is a beautiful seafoam-green-turquoise-blue. OK, my description is just as inadequate as my photo, so Click for a better picture.
Creamy is a great name for the yarn. It's made with 80% milk!!! The other 20% is cotton. It really does feel like a cotton, but, erm, creamier. It is not so harsh as cotton, softer definitely. But it does knit like cotton, as in, it doesn't stretch much.
The lace pattern is knitting up quickly and is pretty easy to memorise - for my depleted memory anyway - you'll have it memorised after the first rep, I'm sure. I'm almost done with the first of the two skeins the pattern calls for. It will be beautiful when blocked out. Very drapey. It suits the 'Turquoise Sea" colourway, with it's waves :0)

OK, now to knit on it some more :0) Happy Friday.

5 comments:

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Oh Disco!! I just love it!! So so pretty!! I'm glad you're enjoying it and you are knitting up a storm!

Now...the pattern desperately needs a name...must think..

Kaye said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Jo said...

I'm curious - is the yarn machine washable? I don't know much about milk fiber. I do love the colour, however - very peaceful and the undulating waves of the pattern look great in that colour.

Erica said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of the finished scarf!

cathy said...

Love the pattern~ just beautiful!!!