Monday, February 28, 2011

Solstice Slip

These socks are the 2011 Q1 KAL with the Socks That Rawk! ravelry group. I made it with a whole month to spare :0) I was really loving how the yarn striped on the foot, then the stitch count changed for the leg, and the colours then pooled in a spiral.
I knit the pattern toe up. The toe is knit with short rows in garter stitch. I like how the garter ridges 'hide' the wraps. They look pretty neat and the garter stitch makes the toe really squishy and comfy.
Same with the heel, knit with short rows in garter st. Super comfy.
I used Judy's Stretchy bind-off for the first time. Easy peasy bind off and super stretchy as its name suggests :0)
I love toe-up socks as I can make them as long as the yarn allows. These are my tallest socks to date and I was only left with a few inches of yarn.
Pattern: Solstice Slip by J C Briar for Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight
Colour: Rocky Horror
Size: 65st on foot, 75 st on leg

2 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful! I would have freaking out at the dwindling yarn, however!

~RaenWa~ said...

I love the color of those socks. I also like the design on your sock blockers.