1. My boys are in camp this week. 8.30 in the morning til 4.30 in the afternoon. Be still my beating heart, whole days to myself. Well, Monday to Thursday anyway. Aah, what to do, what to do....
2. Go to some local stores for dinner ingredients. Tomatoes for pasta sauce - already cooking, and lunchboxes tomorrow. Bread for garlic bread tonight and with the strawberry preserve on sandwiches tomorrow. A bottle of North Carolina wine to relax with this evening. Peaches and nectarines for dessert. Did someone say Yum!
3. I signed up to do a triathlon. The Rambling Rose in September. I'm onto week 5 of the Couch to 5k program and loving it. No pain in my legs at all. Wednesday will be my hardest day yet as I move from running 8 consecutive minutes to 20 minutes. Of course, I've said that about each stage of the program though! At the weekend I easily made a 9 mile bike ride, put away the bike and tried to run round the block. Couldn't even make it halfway - it's probably not even 100yards. So I have quite some work to do, to string these exercises together.
4. I'm getting this spindle thing out again and giving it another go. Carrie will recognize it from our attempts last February. There shall be progress this week. And hairy clothes - this silk fiber sheds like a mother!
5. My 2011 year of hats is back in session. Here's Hunter Hammersen's Plicate hat, ready for some decreases.
6. I joined a fabric "club". A Verb for Keeping Warm's Pressed Seam. Here are the 1st 6 patterns. What to make with them?
7. Maybe something from this pile of bargain books, waiting on my doorstep when I returned from vacation? OK, maybe just from the top one.
8. Cooperative press is publishing a book of knitting patterns for boys. Yes, boys! Not a girl in sight! Go look. If that's not something to get excited about on a Monday, I don't know what is.
Hope your week is getting off to an awesome start too :0)