Thursday, March 1, 2012

Honey Cowl

I'm on the bandwagon again. The Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh has been high on the popular patterns page of Ravelry for aaaaaaaaaaages! Not for no reason.

I caved a couple of weeks ago and bought 2 skeins of Madelinetosh dk from Eat, Sleep, Knit, in a beautiful dark navy blue called "ink". The yarn arrived in only a couple of days (great customer service and the shipping charge was downright cheap too) and I got right to work on the cowl. It took only 3 days to knit up those two skeins into this beautiful, squishy, comfy cowl.
The stitch pattern could not be easier to memorise - only 4 rows, 2 of which are knit, the other 2 are only 2 different stitches.

This one should be landing in England right about now, to my friend Maria, who's only been asking for a scarf for about 6 years!!!

And I think I'm going to make a couple more. I may have more yarn on the way already. Eep!
Disco xo

2 comments:

Zonda said...

3 days! Gosh it'd take me weeks LOL! Love it! ESK has great fast shipping, they are awesome!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love Madtosh too, but I've been resisting the lure of the honey cowl. Don't know if I'll be able to hold out after seeing it in that pretty blue.