Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sock Drawer Reflection

After blocking and photoging them, I went to put away the Blathnat socks I showed you yesterday. It occurred to me that I wanted to share with you my handknit sock drawer.

It is such a beautiful sight to me. Full of positivity. It's a reminder of friends. Friends who've designs I've knit, who've gifted me pretty yarn and provided encouragement in knitting and in life too.

Also, a reminder of growth. In my knitting skills and outlook on life. The first socks I knit are those cream coloured ones in the top right corner. I knit them in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. A really dumb yarn to make socks with, but they are very comfy cosy house-socks nonetheless :0)

Making those first socks was a challenge. The thought of turning a heel had my heart racing. But stitch by stitch, I did it. And so life goes, challenge after challenge is overcome.

I give you, the pretties......
disco xoxo

3 comments:

Debbie T said...

Wow, Debs...I'm inspired and in awe of your sock drawer!!! Very nice!

gMarie said...

Beautiful! I love looking drawers full of handknit socks. g

Jo said...

Very pretty! I have hardly had a chance to wear my handknit socks this winter - it has barely been cold enough to warrant it.