Thursday, March 20, 2008

Answers

WIPS
I really only have a couple of WIPS right now.

This pink hat, I am trying to design for a friend. She bought one similar in the Gap for her older daughter, now wants one for her younger daughter. This is prototype no.1, made with Rowan All Seasons cotton, 2 strands held together. It's a bit stiff and also not big enough. It just kind of sits on top of the head! I have some bamboo yarn i might try for prototype no.2
And this is the sorry tale of a neglected Jaywalker that I just can't get into. The pattern is actually quite easy, but for some reason I can't stick to this project. It's already been a few months on the needle - and this is only the first sock.

ONESIES
The onesie with the BSJ was a plain white Gerber onesie that I put a transfer on. I made a few more and will be posting them on my etsy shop , for very reasonable amounts of $, in the next few days.

SOCKS
I'm not going to check, but I think I could knit 12 pairs of socks from my sock yarn stash. From my total stash? Well, that's another question.....

BSJ MEASUREMENTS
This ended up measuring 18" cuff to cuff and 11 1/2" neck to hem.

SEX AT STITCHES WEST
Well, I got more than some and less than others (who shall remain nameless, cough, cough).
I bought, I think, 8 skeins of STR. Most of them were bargain mill ends and the ones with names were for actual planned projects - which, come to think of it, are already finished.
2 hanks of Brooks Farm Mas Acero for my mom's Provincial Waistcoat.
2 bags of cotton/linens for summer tops for me.
2 very small hanks of periwinkle very soft wool for something lovely for my mom again. They were only $3 each in a bargain bin, so they barely even count, right ;-)
A bag handle for a bag I have yarn in my stash for.
2 buttons for a Capitan hat I had planned from stash yarn (and also finished - another post, another day)
Kid's needles for my son who turns 5 later this year. I've been promising to teach him to knit when he's 5, since he could first ask to knit like mommy :-)
I also had mini-sex in San Francisco, where I bought a cone of "Rush" from Artfibers. Gorgeous.
I am trying to use stash yarns as much as possible this year - let's see how I get on......

3 comments:

cpurl17 said...

The hat looks adorable!

I think the jaywalker in the yarn colorway you picked looks great.

Looks like you had great SEX at Stitches!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I was a bit worried you might out me in regards to Stitches...but like a dear friend, you didn't :) And yes, you were very focused and have already used a bunch of your purchase!

And I hope no one asks me how many pairs of socks I could knit!!

I'm so excited that you are making more onesies! I have two friends having babies soon!

Bezzie said...

I hope you don't frog the Jaywalker--it does look nice and you have gone pretty far on it!