Saturday, March 8, 2008

Purple Momma

At least she will be when this hank of purpleness is knit up. This is the yarn I got at Stitches West for my Mom's Provincial Waistcoat.

It is Brooks Farm's Mas Acero, a mix of wool, silk and viscose. It has both bluey purples and reddy purples and is nice and soft.When I wound the first skein yesterday, leaves actually fell out of it. Fresh from the fields :-)
I have no idea when I'll cast on. This will be for her birthday on Sept. 2nd, so I have plenty of time to admire it before I have to actually work on it.

Enjoy the prettiness :-)


2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love it. Are you ready to cast on already? Wow! Look at you using the Stitches yarn already!

Zonda said...

Really pretty, I'm not much of a pastel girl so colors like these I like! :) Next year at SAFF (our teensy version of Stitches here in NC) I'm getting some of that!