Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Californian Puddles

I love cables. And I love scarves. When Irishgirlie made this pattern, I was head-over-heels. The cables aren't too close together, so the fabric is fairly flat, and they look like little rivers, or waves on a (calm) beach. This scarf is made with Aslan Trends Artesanal. It's a tweedy, soft yarn, containing cotton and alpaca. It was quite a joy to work with.
This scarf is for display in Gabriella's yarn shop.
My plan is to knit up the Woobu (Obsidian) I bought at Stitches into this pattern, for Tommy, for next fall. In the meantime, I'll be looking for a good hat pattern to match.

4 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Ooh! I love the tweediness of that yarn! Cotton and alpaca, eh? Sounds intriguing...

Love the way the cables look in it, too!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is gorgeous Disco!!!! So pretty!

Great job!

cpurl17 said...

I LOVE that pattern--and that yarn looks fabulous in it.

cupcakefaerie said...

Beautiful scarf! Maybe Irishgirlie will come up with a matching hat pattern. :)