Monday, March 23, 2009

Crochet, baby!

My first real crochet project.

Back in January, I took a class at Gabriella's (where I'm no longer working, btw) with knit and crochet designer Kristin Omdahl. As well as signing her new book, Wrapped in Crochet, she taught us how to crochet the Blaze scarf, featured in said book.

More crappy pictures from the video camera, sorry. I love my new glass head from Pier One. A bargain at only $15. And green too - made from recycled glass.
Lovely curly corkscrews.

And a closeup of the very simple stitch pattern.
I used Trendsetter yarns "Tonalita" - there's some acrylic content, but it was so soft to work with, and the colours are beautiful too. I really enjoyed it and am using it for another project I'm now working on.
Tomorrow, another FO - I know, I can't believe it either!!!!!
Happy Monday :0)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You did a great job! I still think you picked the prettiest color!!!
Best regards,

Kristin Omdahl
www.StyledbyKristin.com

cupcakefaerie said...

First spinning and now crochet?! Great job! Your Capitan and the scarf go well together.

tapmouse said...

Awesome! And I must say I love your new glass head, too!-lol! ;) Was spindling a bit last night and thinking of you!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty! I need to get that book.

Unknown said...

Oh, nice! Love both the scarf (gorgeous colors!) and the glass head. Hee.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is fabulous!! Love the combo with your capitan too!

Look at you go with all the FOs!