Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cervical Cancer

Really sad news today from the UK.

Jade Goody was a contestant on the Big Brother show in the UK. Tommy and I watched that season when we were first together. It was his first experience of the show. The UK show is completely different from the US version. It's waaaaaaaay more fun and the whole country (almost) watches and loves it. Trainwreck TV at it's best :0) And Jade was the best of the best reality show 'stars'.

Jade passed today (Mothers Day in the UK) at age 27 of cervical cancer. She leaves behind two sons aged 4 and 5.

I'm really grateful to Bezzie for her couple of years of hosting her KAYE program. And tomorrow I'll be booking an appointment for myself again.

btw: is anyone else missing Bezzie's blog?

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yes! I know she's busy with all the extra workload, but dang, she makes me laugh.

cupcakefaerie said...

That's very sad news. Thanks for the reminder, I need to make my yearly appointment too.