Monday, March 2, 2009

STITCHES, baby!!!

What a whirlwind this weekend was. I left home Friday night and arrived late, late, late to San Francisco airport. It must have been the hour of the day (or rather night), because I started chasing down complete strangers, whilst calling out "Irishgirlie, Irishgirlie". Only to see them hug other strangers and reveal themselves NOT to be Irishgirlie. Oops!

Big thanks go to Irishgirlie for hosting me in style a second time - I'm hoping this gig will become an annual get-together. Not only does this girlie give up her room for me, but she gets up at godforsaken hours of the morning to traipse me to classes, waaaaay before she has to start work at 'the booth'. Thank you dahlink ;0)

So. Many friends were seen, not many pictures were taken - too much fun for camera time. But here's a rare one: me, Irishgirlie, CPurl and Leftcoastknits. Fun girls, one and all.
Saturday afternoon I took an Introduction to Entrelac class with Margaret Fisher. Wonderful woman whose notes finally decoded the mystery. Now it's easy-peasy-lemon-squeezie.

Sunday morning, my class was Suitable Seams, with Judy Pascale. Boy, does that woman have energy! And now I have the confidence to go forward with my TKGA masters course and complete the seam swatches with matching length either side. Thank you Judy :0)

After another wonderful lunch, I stopped by the booth of some spinning guild and learned to spin. In three minutes flat! I immediately bought the dowel and CD demo spindle and headed back to the booth to show off my new mad skillz. See that disco-spindle fly, baby!
Main attraction: The Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth. All those gorgeous colours. See them all? No? Oh, that'll be a late Sunday afternoon picture then, when the booth had been stripped bare of all its wares. Man, those knitters love a rockin sock yarn :0)
Who needs to knit the stuff, just wear the skein as is. In the background is the lovely EttaMae. See what a blur of activity that woman is? And beautiful to boot. Love her!
And here's the whole blue moon booth gang (and me). Tapmouse, EttaMae, Irishgirlie, and Cockeyed. Wonderful ladies, all. Those west coasters sure do know how to show a girl a good time :0) I absolutely can't wait for next year.
...............................
I arrived for a plane change in Charlotte, you know, my favourite city. The one I want to move to. Soon. Here's a picture of the airport, with a few inches of snow on the ground. Don't know if that contributed to the loss of my carry-on bag, which had been taken from me at San Francisco due to lack of overhead space (liars, I got on the plane and there was plenty!), but I'm happy to say we are now reunited.
So, tomorrow, I'll give you a look at my new pretties. Sigh, so happy.

5 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

It was so great to see you again! And, yes, that irishgirlie is the best! See you next year, or maybe sooner at Sock Summit? :)

cpurl17 said...

It was so nice to see you there and I do hope it becomes an annual event for you!

tapmouse said...

Soooooo happy you made it out our way, Disco! So now SW is a tradition for you and we can count on you for next year?! TOO COOL! LOVE IT!

Glad you are home safe and sound!

Zonda said...

Whew, what a trip! Looks like a great time! Glad you got your bag home!

tapmouse said...

Disco-you are pure evil wanting me to post the whole lot of the BMFA purchase! I thought I could do an IrishGirlie thing and only post a portion later!-lol! Usually I just go on and rat myself out! ;)