Monday, February 27, 2012

BeeKeeper's Update

So, now we don't have a guest room for this quilt to hang out in, it's becoming a quilt for my bedroom.

Progress so far is 32 "flowers". That's 224 hexis. It is about one fifth of what I'd need for our king size bed - I'm too afraid of the large number to calculate exactly. Maybe this'll end up as a throw, slung over the bottom of the bedframe. I'm keeping on keeping on, so we'll see how things go.
I have plenty of yarn yet to knit up and I'm not bored at all. Quite the reverse in fact :0) Most days I'll pop out at least one hexi - what else is a girl to do in the car line at school?! Slow and steady wins the race.

I figured out I can get 5 flowers out of one skein of yarn, leaving enough for maybe 2 or 3 more hexis. Perhaps I should mini-ize the leftovers and destash them to other beekeepers.

I took someone's suggestion of striping the greys and yellows vertically. The flowers are sewn together, although not sewn to each other yet. I want to wait until I have more, so I can play with colour placement. Maybe in a little while, I'll start sewing 2 flowers together - it'll be a heck of a job if I leave it til the end.

How do you like it so far?

Disco xo

4 comments:

gMarie said...

oh my! I adore that. I'm working on random hexis for a bed for my someday B&B but I love your flowers! Love.them! g

Zonda said...

I love it so far! Sorry you lost your guest room though :(

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I heart it so!! Just just beautiful!!! Love the grey and yellow lines too.

yodafatkitty said...

Wow, it that ever pretty!! I've got the pattern printed out but it just seems so... time consuming??
Every time I see some one else's quilt, I think I should get a start on making one.
But the feeling eventually passes.
This could get me going!