Friday, July 20, 2007

Super Summer Swapper

Yesterday, I received a much anticipated package from my Super Summer Swapper pal, Carrie. She was my Knitty SP8 pal. Neither of us wanted to take part in the SP9 swap, so we decided to swap with each other over the summer.
Boy, was her parcel worth the wait. Mucho stash enhancement here.

First off, take a look at this beautiful Dyed Cotton in colourway Mediterranean from Blue Sky Alpacas. And a tank pattern to go with it. I'm thinking I may put eyelets between the rib and st. st. to thread a ribbon through. That would be cute. I'm really looking forward to casting this on as I haven't worked with any of their yarns before.



And now, look at this hank of loveliness. Blue Moon Fibre Arts Socks That Rock in Mystic Kelp. Oowee, this is such a fab combination of colours.

Here's a close-up of the green and cerise.



And the lavendar, brown and green.
Just gorgeous and rich. I love it.
So, it turns out we both had the same idea for our packages. We both bought the same sock yarn, so we could make matching socks. Now, there's a pair of knitters in tune with each other :-)




Last up, a whole host of treats, including an Addi Turbo 40" Size 1 to help me magic loop those socks. Thanks Carrie for loaning me that book, the Magic Loop is truly an amazing knitting technique to learn and I would recommend it to anyone.
Another crossover in our packages - Lush products. I sent Carrie some soap I picked up in Dublin (of all places) and she sent me a bath bomb, temple balm and soap. The package was smelling good.
And, can you see the doggy card in the top left? That's Carrie's doggy on her Blanket that Rocks. She got cards made by Kodak of her best knitting pics. Totally cool. Those doggies are just about the cutest pups ever :-)
Huge thanks to Carrie, I love my rockin' Knitty pal.

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm so glad you like everything! Your yarn prOn pics of the Mystic Kelp make me want to cast on....did you pick a pattern for us yet?? I'll be ready for more socks once I finish this little book I'm reading..hehehe...Happy Swapping!!!!

Jessica said...

Man o man you have been a blogging fool while I was gone!

Congrats on your great summer swap. She is so nice. :)