Thursday, July 5, 2007

WIP update

The Irishgirlie is right. With only a few WIPs and all of them in the 'finishing' stage, I've been dying to cast on another project. So I cast on the cravat that Verablue sent me the yarn and pattern for. I love the pattern, it is so simple and stylish. That's Debbie Bliss for you. I love the Alpaca Silk knit into Moss stitch, too. It is still so soft and this colour is gorgeous.

I did one of the finishing jobs I had to do. Hubb's headband is blocking. The pattern is from the lace section of the Prairie Tunic I made for her birthday a few months ago.
As for the pillow. I'm still undecided on the felting. I thought felting would be a good way of not having to sew in all the yarn ends. There have to be at least a million on the back of that argyle. It was a bit of a pain to knit as I used a different strand for each of the black lines and a different strand for each column of cream diamonds. I think there were a total of 15 or 16 mini balls of yarn worked on each row. Needless to say, there was a lot of tangling going on. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That scarf is sooo pretty! We love Debbie Bliss :) hehehe...you cast on a project! My magic powers of influence are working :)