Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Very Important Day for WIPs

Yes, it was a very important day for my very important little wips. 1st day of school for both of them. Here they are, backpacks on and raring to go. I'm such a proud mommy. Teddy was totally awesome as ever and went into the classroom and started playing and making friends straight away. It is a job getting a "bye mommy" out of him. Matt on the other hand. Not so much. Apparently he cried on and off all morning. He was doing that really sad heavy sniff, sniff, sniff, sob that children who've been crying a lot do (er, and adults too), when I picked him up at noon. Poor baby was exhausted. Oh well, he'll get used to it.

I had a great morning at the gym and returning things to Target. It is so easy when you're on your own.




A quick list of crafting WIPs progress:

- Log Cabin blanket - 16 blocks completed. I feel as if I've spent more time on this than my progress might indicate this week. I guess that's the blocks growing in size though. It is such good TV knitting. Although what I'm doing watching TV these days I don't know. There is absolutely NOTHING worth watching for the next few weeks. Apart from the Biggest Loser. Can't wait for that to start next week. DH and I always bawl at that show. They are so inspiring. (So inspiring that we usually watch it with a tub of B&J's!!!)
- Clapotis - 3 stitches dropped. Still.
- Embossed Leaves Sock - 2 repeats of the second sock completed. I love knitting this, but I like to have a chunk of time - I usually have to hunt down the chart I photocopied and my highlighter pen. the LCB, I can just pick up and do a row of.
- Grow with Me - 5 3/4" out of 9" of the stocking stitch is done. I keep this in my handbag - the Namaste messenger bag is now my handbag. I love it, but it's so big, sometimes it's difficult to find things. Anyway, I'm knitting this pattern in the round so it's a LOT of St St, a bit boring, but it'll be worth it.
- Innocent drinks hats - I lost the ones I made a while ago. I could blame the two small boys I share a house with, but it's really my fault for letting them play with them. I started some more last night. I finished the knitting of 3 of them, then sewed them up while waiting for dinner to cook tonight. They are all black. Would that put you off your smoothie?!
- Sewing - I cut out the fabric for a load more bags and also bought more yesterday. It's washed, dried and waiting to be ironed. Maybe I'll leave the cutting for the weekend - I'd like to make Barbie another outfit the rest of the week :-)

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Big day finally here!!!! Wow!!! Go boys!! I love your comment about Matt, oh well....he'll get used to it :) That's right! He'll be making friends in no time!!

Jessica said...

Woot for kids in school! I love that pic. The look on Teddy's face is priceless. He's like...let's get this show on the road.