Friday, February 29, 2008

Ooh La La, Dude!

Last month after finishing my Clapotis, I decided I needed a matching hat. And what's more French than a beret, right?

The pattern is Tweed Beret by Kristen Tendyke, and was in the Winter '06 Interweave Knits.

See the Golden Gate Bridge in the background?It's made with the same Malabrigo Worsted as my clapotis. I got a lot of compliments at Stitches about my clapotis, which was very pleasing :-)
Here's another picture of the hat flat, where you can see the little i-cordy doodad on the top.

Speaking of Malabrigo. I was also honoured with a skein of the Malabrigo sock yarn at Stitches last weekend. I guess you could call this my Friday Yarn Pron :-)




6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I guess that not so great weather last weekend worked out...you looked fabulous all weekend in your knits! Tres chic! Of course now its 75 degrees!

Tomorrow is mmmalabrigo march! What are you casting on? Can you believe you were here just a week ago?

Jo said...

The beret and clapotis are such a pretty reddish brown - and you look very stylish in them.

Bezzie said...

It's so cute!!! What perfect thing to wear in front of the GGB!

cpurl17 said...

ooooo I knew what that lovely yarn was before I scrolled down to confrim-mmmmmmmm Malabrigo!

How lucky you got the sock yarn. Our LYS said they're sooo back logged right now.

Unknown said...

It was so nice to meet you on your whirlwind tour here.

The clapotis & beret must've come in real handy there at the GGB.

tapmouse said...

Gads but that beret is cute. I used to absolutely love and adore berets-have way too many. And then the Monica Lewinsky scandal happened. And then you would see her in berets all the time. Kinda ruined it for me...But I must say, your beret looks quite cute and very non-Monica, so maybe I need to knit one!

And I must say, that Malabrigo sock colorway looks quite familiar! I got one just like that! (Thanks to some good information gleaned from two crazy knitters who supposedly had left-but not before passing on such glorious secrets that shall remain unspoken here...)