Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lucky, lucky, lucky

Did everyone notice that the Olympics are in China right now?

A little titbit I heard is that the Chinese consider August 8th a lucky day this year. 08.08.08

Well, it sure was a lucky mail day for disco :0)

First package courtesy of the very generous Bezzie. A contribution to my Kureyon Log Cabin. Along with another random gift - some of her handmade book plates. Thank you so much Bezzie, the yarn is already on my needles and two parts completed.

Next package, from my lovely knitting buddy, Irishgirlie. Her recent trip to BMFA yielded a couple of green skeins of Heavyweight for my next Log Cabin blanket - yes, ANOTHER one :0) Thank you Carrie, you are a doll and I'm so lucky to have you as my friend.

One more package arrived. It was expected and I'm very happy indeed with the contents. How pretty do all these lovely balls of Kureyon look? THAT should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks .
Have a lovely weekend watching the Olympics. USA already has a medal for ladies fencing. Go USA (and UK).

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

And the ladies fencing gold was won by a Domer!! She goes to Notre Dame!! GO Irish!

Okay, back to the yarn!! Wow wow wow!! Love all that Noro. So so pretty!! You are going to love that blanket!

And how pretty do all five skeins of those greens look together!! I'm glad the ones I sent match so well!! I promise to pick up my pink one as soon as the Olympics are over!! Big hugs!

Bezzie said...

Hot dang!!! Look at that mail!

I can't wait to see BOTH your LC's done!