I like this meme from Trillian 42's blog.
The Omnivore’s Hundred
Here’s a chance for a little interactivity for all the bloggers out there. Below is a list of 100 things that I think every good omnivore should have tried at least once in their life. The list includes fine food, strange food, everyday food and even some pretty bad food - but a good omnivore should really try it all. Don’t worry if you haven’t, mind you; neither have I, though I’ll be sure to work on it. Don’t worry if you don’t recognise everything in the hundred, either; Wikipedia has the answers.
Here’s what I want you to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding - as a child we ate this every Saturday for lunch with runny yolked fried eggs. SO tasty. Now I know what black pudding is though I'm not sure I can eat it again.
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras - I don't know how to cross out, but, er, no thanks.
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - also a no thank you.
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float - Root beer? Gross!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - do I get a half point for the cognac?
37. Clotted cream tea - naturally!
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - surprisingly not!
41. Curried goat - at the Notting Hill Carnival
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal - I like curry but phaal, no.
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - not a whisky drinker
47. Chicken tikka masala - favourite curry of all time. And my first dinner whenever I go back home
48. Eel - freak me out, no!
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads - big crossing out. Can't bear offal. Double gross.
64. Currywurst - curry and sausages - of course!
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - No, NEVER
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - Yes :0)
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
I've tried just less than half. Gotta get working on that :0)