Friday, August 1, 2008

Purple Moon Fiber Arts

I received this beautiful Rare Gem in the mail this morning. It is my prize from the Blue Moon blog. It is a VERY dark purple, with blue, plum, pink, green, brown.It's gorgeous. I really ought to knit up some socks soon.


One thing I love about Ravelry is the connections you can make with people. A few months ago I was messaged by JoLakey, saying she'd be visiting the area I live in this month (or last month, as it is now!). We met up a few times this past week and she and her family are absolutely adorable. We even have sons with the same name, born only a few months apart. And Jo generously brought me my favourite tea-bags from England :0) Thanks Jo, and it was great to meet you :0)
So, the connection to "Purple Moon" was that I gave Jo her first skein of Socks That Rock - in Eggplanted; Jo's a purple fan too :0) I'm interested to see what Jo makes with it, and whether she falls as hard as the rest of us for the rockin' yarn :0)

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is a gorgeous rare gem! Glad you had a great time visiting Jo! I bet the boys had a blast too!!

And look at you, passing on the addiction to a newbie :) Good girl!

Bezzie said...

Ohhh...that's a gorgeous color!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Debs - we had a wonderful time and it was so great to meet you and your lovely boys! Thank you for making us feel so welcome and of course for the sock yarn - that's the next project!

hearthead said...

Ooooohhhh..... Love the STR! Can't wait to see what socks you will be creating......

tapmouse said...

OMG but that is a to-die-for colorway! I like the one I got, but that one REALLY is striking!!!