Saturday, August 9, 2008

WIPs

While I've been waiting for more Kureyon for my main project, I've been working on a couple of other projects. My mom's birthday is 2nd September, and I wanted to make the Provincial Waistcoat for her. I cast on back in April, knit 5 or 6 rows, then let it languish. I picked it up last week and started working on it again. I think I was afraid of all the different ribs, cables and crossed-stitch patterns in this thing. But once I got into the swing of it, it was actually pretty easy.
Here's a close-up of the cable. You can see how the yarn is a dark purple, with some reddish bits in it too. It's very pretty and I can definitely see her wearing it.

Another project I've been putting off and putting off, is a pair of socks for my DH. I'm using this Socks That Rock millend I picked up at Stitches West this year. It's black, with some tinges of dark blue. I'm using a 2x2 rib on 72 stitches and hoping they fit him.
If not, then we'll call Christmas knitting begun :0)
Have a great day.

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love how the Waistcoat is looking!! So pretty!

And socks!! yay!! So to get your sock mojo back you decide to knit socks for DH?! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

hearthead said...

zOoooh, pretty! I love the cables. Proud of you! Hubbies need socks too! How did those cookies turn out??