Friday, September 12, 2008

I won't change my name just yet, but.....

........ maybe one day I could be discocrochets! I finally got to take my crochet 101 class at Joann's a couple of weeks ago. OMG it was a lot of fun. Crochet, I must say, is confusing. So many stitches to learn. I prefer the old knitting. All you have to know are knit and purl. But it is nice to learn a new skill. The red piece below is my class practice. Single, then double, then treble crochet. Then that holey row at the top - I think that was half crochet. Or maybe not!!Right next to it is what is going to be my first crochet project. A dishcloth, of course. I cast on 40 stitches. Erm, I mean I chained 40 to begin. I have no idea how many are in the row right now. I started, again, with some single, then double, then treble crochet stitches. The treble really makes it go quick. Quicker than knitting. Don't know that this is going to overtake my knitting love any time soon, but I'm pleased to have at least learned a new 'skill'.
In the class were myself, my babysitter (Ms Valerie) and another young lady. The youngster took to the hook like you wouldn't believe. She said she wanted to learn more needle arts so we said she should definitely learn to knit. And what'd'ya know, she was in my knitting 101 class this week. Yay, big box stores. She took to the knitting just as easily as the crocheting. She's either a plant, checking we instructors out, or she's a freaking yarn genius.
And 'cause we haven't seen them in a wee while, here are the boys. I told them they should hug and tell each other they loved them. They ran into the kitchen, arms around each other and said, take a picture of us. How could I refuse :0)

Happy weekend :0)

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

Yeah it's not as hard as I imagined it to be. Now don't ask me to read a crochet pattern!!!!

Your boys are so darn cute!!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Too cute indeed!! Look at how sweet they look (in their matching shirts too!!).

Go disco!! Love the crochet (well, not enough to do it, but Christy and I took a class together a few years ago at Michaels to learn!). Christy is the master crocheter to me!

Jo said...

What a darling picture :) I learned to crochet as a teenager and it was the only thing I did for 10+ years - but I still like knitting better ;)

tapmouse said...

Those boys are completely adorable, Disco!

hearthead said...

that is one mother of a dishcloth! I have done tons of these, let me know if you have any questions. :)