Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my Gracie

I had fun making these playfood pieces for Gracie's Christmas gift.For the cupcake, I used this pattern and modifications for the picot edge, which I just thought looked prettier. Yarns I used were blue Valley Yarns Stockbridge, white and red Wool-Ease.

The strawberries are from this pattern. I used red Wool-Ease and green Cascade 220.

Both quick and easy patterns.

Unlike the dishes they're sitting on.

The china was given to us by my in-laws. It belonged to my FIL's grandmother, so it's fairly old. Made by Theodore Haviland, Limoges, France, it is a large dinner set, around 12 place settings, along with assorted serving dishes. There are some pieces missing from the place settings and I've wondered for a while now what it would cost to buy replacements.

So today, I started surfing the web for info on the manufacturer and their patterns. My initial findings are that this manufacturer made THOUSANDS of different patterns. Someone catalogued them and there are volumes and volumes!!!

Maybe we'll just pass the set onto our grandchildren one day, and let them do the research!

4 comments:

Jo said...

So adorable!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Too cute!! And I love that you are continuing to remind me about Christmas knitting! You are so on top of it!!

Love the china set too!!

Bezzie said...

Very sweet indeed!

You always see Limoges on Antiques Roadshow...

tapmouse said...

Gads, but these are just the cutest! Have you seen the crocheted cupcake purse I made last Christmas? You need to make one of those!