Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Mam!

Today is my Mam's umpty-third birthday. Happy Birthday to her.

I completed her gift a week or so ago and got it in the mail, so I hope she's received it in time. Anyway, here it is, the Provincial Waistcoat from Interweave Knits Winter 2006.

It is about 4 inches wide, but is VERY stretchy - it'll need to be - the family disco has some girth, let me tell you! It's meant to be fitted, so I hope it's gonna look good on her.

The yarn is Brooks Farm Mas Acero - it was lovely to work with, really soft, and the finished product is nice and squishy. My mam does like a little bit of sparkle, so these buttons were perfect, they have glitter around the edges. Not that you'll be able to tell from my photography!

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

Oh that yarn is beautiful!!! I've always kind of steered away from it b/c it reminded me of Texas...but your Mam's b-day present might sway me to try it someday!

She'll love it!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh that is just gorgeous Disco!! Your Mam will love it!! You have done such a good job knitting through your Stitches purchases! What's up next?

Big hugs!

Jo said...

Lovely vest! My family has the girth, too...

Zonda said...

Lovely waistcoat! Beautiful colorway! Nicely done! :)