Wednesday, January 17, 2007

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil....



These little beauties are Sock Monkey Hats, made from the free pattern published on www.knitty.com

I used Lion Brand's Wool-Ease worsted weight on 5½mm needles. The Wool-Ease is thinner than the recommended yarn, so the hats came out smaller, in fact, the small size is just about the right size for a baby.

So my intention in making these was to gift one to my beloved godson Hazza in England - he's mad on monkeys. I eventually made his using the recommended yarn and it came out great. I used a darker colour than this picture, so his is more 'manly' - at least that's what the DH says :-)

I just noticed how nice the trees look at the back of my house.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your hats! They look great. Your godson is going to love them and I'm sure he'll look super cute in them! :)

Glad you have a blog now!! :D