Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wood Hollow Vest

I finished this vest way back in the summer.  Apart from having million degree weather, I had, literally, nothing to wear it with, so it lay in the closet til Christmas.  I know, right?!.  We knitters will make great yarn choices, based on nothing but the colours in front of our faces at a moment in time.  

I'm glad I did though.  I rarely go in Abercrombie, but was shopping for my British Godsons, when I found the perfect shirt for the vest.  I don't know what I'm more pleased about, the beautiful vest, or the fact I can fit in something from Abercrombie & Fitch!  Perhaps we'll call it a tie between the two :0)
Full Frontal.
Do you see any cables that're off?
The yarn is Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein! and the colour, Blackwatch.  I used almost 2 full skeins.  Those cables, really eat up the yarn.  They do pull the vest in slightly, giving a little shaping, without the bother of decreasing and increasing.  There were 5 different patterns to follow on each row, so one less knitting ninja move to track was appreciated.
Backside.
Any out of place cables?
There is plenty of space on the sides to add shaping if you wanted.  I think maybe I could've done with a little extra.  That, or my running is finally paying off.
Plenty of room on the sides.
All in all, the vest was an enjoyable knit and a cozy addition to the winter wardrobe.

Pattern: Wood Hollow Vest by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein
Colourway: Blackwatch
Ravelry project page

No comments: