Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Naylor Street

I sometimes have the telly on during the day, while I knit, or surf the net.  In the mornings I like the NBC Today Show. Kathy Lee and Hoda crack me up and keep me company.  

Last week, our local news show had a piece about an upcoming event the American Red Cross was organising.  "Knit Your Bit" was a day long knit-a-thon, inviting knitters, and non-knitters who wanted to learn, to come to the event at their offices and knit winter accessories for local low-income women and children.

The Irishgirlieknits group on Ravelry just chose their Q1 Knitalong pattern and it couldn't have been more perfect for the American Red Cross event.  Naylor Street is a cozy hat, knit in worsted weight yarn.  The pattern is quick and customizable.  Add the holes, or keep the checkerboard pattern intact.  There are instructions for both versions.

I chose a cheery red, washable wool blend, and loved knitting amongst the young hipsters of the Americorp.  I started the hat the night before and knit that morning from 9am to around 12.30 when I completed the hat.  Quick, or what?!

Look at baby Padraig, peeking out.  The cuteness!

Pattern: Naylor Street by Irishgirlieknits
Yarn: Vintage by Berroco - colourway 5134
Ravelry project page

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I just love it! Thank you!

Debbie T said...

Love this pattern and you did such a great job of it!!