Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shawl Collar Cowl

Here's a little neckwarmer I couldn't resist. The Shawl Collar Cowl is a pattern from Never Not Knitting. It's a cowl, it's a scarf, it's a collar. All knit in cozy Kollage Lofty.

Mmmm, squishy garter stitch shawl collar.
I picked out the buttons at SAFF. They were made by Carol Parsons of Original ArtWorx. This was a quick project and took just over a skein of the bulky yarn to complete - stashbusting for Christmas gifts, anyone? The pattern was pretty easy to follow - the shawl collar is made with short rows. The body of the 'cowl' is subtly ribbed.
Happy Wednesday, peeps
xo

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty! Perfect project for Lofty too. My newest design in out of Lofty...I'm knitting it right now! LOVE IT!

Zonda said...

Looks so soft and warm! I've been wanting to knit one up for a while! Great button choice too!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Almost makes you wish your weather was a bit colder, huh??

Kaye said...

I really like that! Esp. the buttons!
I wore a cowl I knit a few years back, and I just don't like having to pull it over my head everytime I take it off.

Jo said...

Ooh - I like the shawl collar!